Wednesday, August 2nd
- Henrico Teen Theater Company: Simply Cinderella. This re-telling of the classic fairytale is fast paced and flat out funny! Overworked Cinderella swings her broom at the Fairy Godmother thinking she’s a giant moth. Meanwhile, the Queen wants the Prince to choose a suitable bride, but he would rather play video games than dance with a girl. This upbeat, slap-happy fairy tale will delight performers and audiences alike. Wed-Sat, Aug 2-5, 10 am & 2 pm. Free. Call for reservations. Information: 501-5859.
Friday, August 4th
- Movie Night @ Humphrey Calder (414 N. Thompson St): Featuring The Lego Batman. Activities begin at 8pm, movie starts at 8:30pm. Refreshments available for purchase.
Saturday, August 5th
- Saturday LIVE at Meadow Farm Museum. Enjoy an afternoon of interactive, living history demonstrations as you explore this mid-19th century farm. Theme is Clothing and Adornment of the Slaves. 12:00-3:30pm at Crump Park/Meadow Farm.
Wednesday, August 9th
- Willow Lawn Mommy & Me – Rocknoceros Children’s Concert – 10:00am
Thursday, August 10th
- S’more Summer Fun at Dunncroft/Castle Point Park. Come celebrate National S’mores Day with stories and music around the campfire. 6 pm-8 pm.
Friday, August 11th
- 12th Annual Filipino Festival at Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church.
- Movie Night @ Forest Hill Park: Featuring Finding Dory. Activities begin at 8pm, movie begins at 8:30pm. Refreshments available for purchase.
Sunday, August 13th
- Carytown Watermelon Festival
- Bugstock 3: VDubs for Me! An afternoon of tie-dye, flower power, and Volkswagen Bugs and Buses! 12:00-4:00pm at Twin Hickory Park
Saturday, August 19th
- Art Splash art showcase. See artists at work. 2 pm-4 pm at the Deep Run Recreation Center.