Fall is absolutely one of my favorite times of the year.
I love how the temperature gets cooler and the days are shorter. There’s more time for cuddles indoors and family dinners.
But I also don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen. So here are my top three most delicious and quick fall recipes:
Pumpkin Fluff Dip
- 1 (16 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin
- 1 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (adjust this to how “pumpkiny” you want it.)
In a large bowl, mix together instant vanilla pudding mix, pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice. Fold in the thawed frozen whipped topping. Chill in the refrigerator until serving. Serve with ginger snaps, Nilla wafers, or cinnamon graham crackers.
Slow Cooker Corn Chowder
From Build Your Bite
This slow cooker corn chowder is creamy, delicious, and simple to make!
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 1.5 lbs baby red potatoes, diced
- 1 (10 oz) bag of frozen corn
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- ½ tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1.5 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste (I used 1 teaspoon each)
- 2 tablespoons earth balance buttery spread (or butter)
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Dice potatoes and add to crockpot
- Mince garlic and add to crockpot
- Add corn, thyme, oregano, onion, and salt and pepper.
- Add flour and stir everything so that spices and flour coat the potatoes
- Pour 6 cups of veggie broth over the potato mixture
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 6-8 hours
- Once finished cooking, add earth balance and heavy cream and stir. Serve immediately and enjoy!
And my favorite…
Homemade Lara Bars
From fellow Richmond Moms Blog Contributor, Jessi Culyer
- 1 cup gluten-free granola
- 1/2 cup pitted medjool dates
- 1 tablespoon water
- Your choice of ad-ins (dried fruit or berries, chocolate, nuts)
- Blend in food processor until combined (will start peeling from the sides).
- Add a little bit more water if needed.
- Spread into desired dish. I multiplied this x 4 to make a 9×13 pan.
- Top with any of your favorite add-ins. I love Enjoy Life Foods chocolate chips!
Hope you enjoy!